Don't know what to get for your soul mate-sister-friend? Look no further, because I've put together some exquisite picks (in all price ranges) here on my personal 'Glamour for Good' gift guide. Not only do these items make for elegant gifts, but they also feed the heart/mind/soul, while giving back. Gift giving will never be the same again. ;)
1. Aja Monet's Book, "My Mother Was A Freedom Fighter", $10.87 on Amazon | Aja's writing reminds us how words can heal, set free, break open, and then put our broken pieces back together to make us even more whole. If you didn't think words had the power to light a revolution (personal and otherwise), Aja will make you a believer.
2. Eugenia Shea Butter, from $12.50 | Eu’Genia Shea is a family-run, black-owned social enterprise dedicated to all natural premium shea butter moisturizers. The mother-daughter duo are dedicated to fair wages and opportunities for their female workers in Ghana and donate 15% of our profits back to them in the form of an education fund. Their shea butters come in delicious scents ranging from lavender to grapefruit. Yummy.
3. Ceramic Tea Cup & Saucer from GlobeIn, $12.50 | GlobeIn is a social enterprise that works with artisans all around the world at fair trade, so you can be confident that anything you get from their site will support communities directly. I'm crushing on this cute ceramic tea cup & saucer pair, made in India's "ceramic city", Khurja. Perfect for a lazy Sunday cozied in with your journal/book.
4. Rose Gold Blossom Passion Planner, $20-30 | Founded by a young Filipina, the Passion Planner is the perfect gift for your ambitious friend with big, beautiful dreams. With useful layouts and calendars, your glow-getter can easily outline her world takeover and shine bright in 2018.
5. Dior by Avedon Coffee Table Book, available on Amazon from $50 (used). | A legendary couturier in collaboration with one of the greatest fashion photographers of all time? It's nothing short of a dream. Christian Dior embodies Paris Fashion, and Avedon immortalizes it for generations to come. Experience the era of elegance through these iconic images.
6. Onyx Dress in Crimson, By Reformation $148 | Reformation is a fashion brand based in Los Angeles known for making stylish clothes that are good for the planet. They also employ their makers with fair wages and health insurance, so their business is the sexiest social enterprise around. Not to mention, their clothes are runway ready and can enchant every fashionista. This Onyx Dress in Crimson looks like the perfect NYE outfit, doesn't it?
7. The Crossbody Cluth from Vele, $295 | Vele is a brand dedicated to making conscious essentials and nurturing empowered communities. With a core commitment to women's empowerment, Vele's founders are intentional about making every woman- from the production to the consumer end- feel valued and worthy. That's why they make their products in collaboration with artisans in Spain, where they provide fair wages and ethical manufacturing. They also donate 10% of their sales to a non-profit called Not For Sale, which combats human trafficking. Their cross body clutch is a functional piece that can transform from day to night with ease. It's minimal aesthetic also makes it a timeless, classic piece.